Since I’ve started to eat less carbs the one thing I miss more than LIFE is pasta. I’m always on the hunt for a good substitute. I don’t mind veggie pastas, but sometimes they just don’t cut it for me…I’m like….YO…I know you’re zucchini. I mean, it’s technically still veggie pasta, but this recipe tricks my mind enough to make me forget!
I’m from St. Louis, MO and everyone there knows about a local restaurant called The Pasta House. My favorite dish there is Pasta Con Broccoli. I literally crave the stuff all the time. It’s noodles, alfredo sauce, and broccoli….sounds simple but it’s A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Well I won’t lie to you, this doesn’t taste exact, but IF you are keto/low carb-ing it and needing some pasta, this recipe satisfies my craving for it! Anytime I can eat “healthy pasta” I’m down.
Time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves 2 adults + 3 kids 🙂
2 family size bags of frozen broccoli (you can get steam bags if you want to cut corners on time)
2 bags of frozen cauliflower rice
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1/2 8 oz container of parmesan cheese
1 clove of garlic minced
- Bring 1 pint of heavy whipping cream to a boil
- Slowly add in 4 oz. of parmesan cheese with a whisk
- Add 1 clove of minced garlic
- Reduce heat to low/medium for 15 minutes stirring occasionally until sauce thickens
- While sauce is simmering, cook broccoli and cauliflower rice
- Add equal parts broccoli and cauliflower to a bowl and desired amount of sauce
My meat-eating husband asks me to make this for him all the time. Let me know what you think!